It is August. Possibly one of the busiest months, aside from the holidays. The problem when the busy times hit? Our health practices and self care go right out the window.
We have this idea that health living takes a lot of time and energy. Which it can and if we are feeling drained by making healthy changes then we might actually be going about it in an unsustainable way.
Fortunately there is another way.
A way that takes little time. A way that you can still move forward while busy.
It is all about starting with small, simple steps. These small steps can help us reach our bigger goals by giving us more energy, clarity, focus, enthusiasm, and building capability. Not only do we experience the benefit from our new healthy habits, we also feel the power of actually implementing something positive for ourselves. Which gives us energy and encourages us to do even more!
5 Quick Ways to Improve Your Health:
- Drink a glass of water when you first wake up (best after you brush your teeth.) This starts your day with hydration, clean energy and detoxification: 1 minute max.
- Add leafy greens to the foods you are already eating. Why not put bok choy in your soup, kale in your smoothies, chard in your stir-fries and spinach in your enchiladas? Greens give us a light flexible energy, are detoxifying, purify our blood and make us feel great: 3 minutes to wash and cut/rip.
- Take deep breaths while you are driving/in transit. Taking deep breaths help us release stress, bring us back to the moment we are in and prepare us for our next task by giving us clarity, energy and focus. Best part: its free and always with you!: no added time.
- Exercise while getting ready in the morning: squats while brushing your teeth, lunges while brushing your hair, calf raises while reading the paper. Basically finding opportunities throughout the day to move can help you feel more energized, strong, capable and ready for more movement: no added time.
- Take one minute after lunch to write a friend and tell them how amazing they are (really 2-3 sentences can make a big difference.) This not only supports connection with the people you love and respect (which of course is important in creating a healthy lifestyle), it also brings you more happiness through doing something kind for another person. Giving -time, money, energy, encouragement, support, love- is a huge factor in overall health, as it brings fulfillment. Without facets such as this we find other means of satisfaction, like food. 1 minute
Jenna Granger is a health coach and wellness educator living in Tahoe, but focus on support the health of those around the globe. With over three years of experience, Jenna can be considered a therapist, life coach, nutritionist and physical trainer, drawing ALL aspects of life and health into one full integration.
She received her health coaching education from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, combined with a degree in Cultural Anthropology from UCSC and Art of Living Teacher, Jenna offers a very authentic approach to her coaching technique. Find more info and book your next coaching session at jennagranger.com